The Graduate School’s Mentorship Program matches undergraduate students with mentors who are graduate students as they make decisions about post-baccalaureate study and transition from undergraduate to graduate student status.
The program provides graduate students with the opportunity to develop mentoring skills as they share personal experiences with undergraduate participants in the program.
Program applications are available below:
Mentors must be in at least their second year of graduate study. Students selected as mentors will be expected to participate in a combination of formal and informal activities, including:
- A mentorship training session at the beginning of the program
- Weekly interactions of one to three hours with undergraduate participants
- One-on-one meetings with program staff to discuss progress
- Participation in a program evaluation at the end of the semester
- Providing shadowing opportunities for their undergraduate partners
Mentors and faculty members are encouraged to review resources such as the Mentoring at VCU Handbook, a manual developed by the University Graduate Council to address mentoring issues relevant to graduate and postgraduate training at the university.
We would really enjoy telling you more about the program and keeping you updated on next year’s application timeline. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Graduate School Mentorship Program
408 West Franklin Street
Richmond, Virginia 23284-3051