Looking to connect and network with other graduate students outside of the classroom? Browse our list of graduate student organizations to learn how you can get involved.
Graduate Student Association
The Graduate Student Association serves as an advocate for graduate students at VCU. It sponsors events such as the annual Graduate Research Symposium, meet-and-greets, and monthly socials, which are designed to enhance academic skills, provide professional development opportunities and facilitate an active social environment.
The GSA and the Graduate School work together to assist students with travel costs for academic conferences. The GSA places students on campuswide committees to ensure that the concerns of graduate students are heard.
The GSA Executive Committee advocates for the graduate student population by addressing student concerns, promoting events and encouraging involvement in the graduate community. The GSA Executive Committee can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GSA is responsible for appropriating program funds for all VCU graduate student organizations. Each organization is required to submit a proposed budget in the spring for the following academic year. The GSA appropriations committee is charged with receiving, hearing arguments for and deciding on the actual amount that each organization will be given and for what purpose.
Other student organizations
Currently, the following organizations are recognized as VCU graduate student organizations. Find information and join these groups by visiting RamsConnect.
- Alpha Epsilon Lambda
- Art History Graduate Student Association
- Black Graduate Student Association
- Chemistry Graduate Student Organization
- Counselor Education Student Networking Association
- Department of Art History
- Department of Biology
- Engineering Graduate Student Association
- Graduate Organization of Biology Students
- Graduate Writers Association
- Latinx Graduate Student Association
- Master's of Social Work Student Association
- National Association of Graduate-Professional Students
- Pharmacology and Toxicology Student Organization
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Public Administration Student Association
- Queer Graduates for Advocacy and Development
- Rams for the Advancement of Management Studies
- School of Social Work Doctoral Student Association
- Urban and Regional Planning Student Association
- Women in Science