Recent Alumni Master's Opportunity
Congratulations VCU baccalaureate graduates!
The Recent Alumni Master's Opportunity is designed to help Ram baccalaureate graduates further their education and grow their career opportunities by pursuing a master's degree at VCU. Consider enrolling in one of the many participating master's programs below at the same tuition cost or less than your undergraduate tuition.
The RAM Opportunity is available to Summer 2021, Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 VCU baccalaureate graduates. By taking advantage of this opportunity when applying for admission to a participating program for Summer or Fall 2022, you can benefit from:
- Waiver of standardized testing (dependent upon individual program's admission requirements)
- $70 graduate application fee waiver
- $600 annual tuition discount for two consecutive years of full-time enrollment in one of the participating master's programs (Virginia residents only)
Students applying for this opportunity must follow all steps to ensure their application is processed under this initiative:
Review the list of participating master's programs for detailed information and admission requirements.
Before submitting the application, request the VCU Recent Alumni Master's Opportunity graduate application fee waiver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name, the program to which you are applying and the term (Fall, Summer, Spring 2022) in your email request.
Once you have been issued a fee waiver code, complete and submit your online application for the participating program by visiting the VCU Office of Admissions.
- Upon acceptance and verification of full-time enrollment (9 or more credit hours), the $600 annual tuition discount will be automatically applied to the student account (Virginia residents only).
Master’s programs available
Many programs have waived or deferred standardized test scores to make pursuing a master’s degree a real possibility for you.
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in English with a Concentration in English Research
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics
- Master of Science in Forensic Science
- Master of Science in Health and Movement Science
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Sociology
- Master of Science in Sociology with a Concentration in Digital Sociology
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Accountancy with a Concentration in Data Analytics
- Master of Decision Analytics
- Master of Science in Business with a Concentration in Finance
- Master of Science in Business with a Concentration in Real Estate
- Master of Science in Information Systems
- Master of Science in Business with a Concentration in Marketing Management
- Master of Supply Chain Management
- Master of Education in Adult Learning with a Concentration in Human Resource Development
- Master of Education in Adult Learning with a Concentration in Instructional Design and Technology
- Master of Education in Counselor Education
- Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership with a Concentration in Higher Education
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership with a Concentration in Leadership Studies
- Master of Teaching with a Concentration in Early and Elementary Education
- Master of Teaching in Secondary Education (English, History/Social Studies, Mathematics, or Science)
Tuition for academic year 2021-22
See the tables below to compare standard full-time tuition and fees for undergraduate and master’s programs. Please note: Some programs may have additional program fees and/or non-standard tuition and fees.
|Undergraduate programs - MPC (in-state residency)||2021-2022|
|Master's program - MPC (in-state residency)||2021-2022|
Frequently asked questions
For program-specific questions regarding the participating master's programs, refer to the master's programs information above.
Although you will not receive a refund for the application fee, you may still be eligible for the tuition discount and should still follow the steps to take advantage of this opportunity.
Out-of-state students will not be eligible for the tuition discount. However, you may still qualify for the application fee waiver if applying to a participating program.