There are a wealth of resources at VCU available to support you both personally and academically. If you have any questions or don’t know where to start, please reach out to the Graduate School at (804) 828-2233 or email@example.com.
- VCU Libraries: Offers a number of resources for graduate students including researcher support, a dedicated space in Cabell Library, a graduate student guide, subject guides and more.
- Writing Center: Offers writing appointments, consultations and workshops that assist with brainstorming, collaborating, feedback, writing development and more.
- Professional development: The Graduate School offers a number of professional development courses, programs and opportunities specifically for graduate students.
- Research: The Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation offers resources, training opportunities and funding information to support research at VCU.
Accessibility and inclusion
- Institutional Equity, Effectiveness and Success: Offers workshops, presentations and courses that enhance understanding of diversity, in addition to mentoring, seminars and groups.
- Division for Academic Success [MCV Campus]: Offers disability and academic support services to students in the VCU Health Sciences schools.
- Multicultural Student Affairs: Offers diversity, inclusion and social justice dialogues; presentations and workshops; cultural heritage month events; mentorship and leadership engagement opportunities; and identity-based discussion groups.
- Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity [Monroe Park Campus]: Fosters an environment where all students have equal access to the university's programs, services and activities.
Community and connection
- Community Engagement: VCU's community engagement program offers resources to support community-engaged learning and research, including the Community-Engaged Scholars Program.
- Graduate Student Association: Serves as an advocate for graduate students at VCU and sponsors events such as the annual Graduate Research Symposium.
- RamsConnect: Offers a platform for students to discover, join and connect with student clubs and organizations at VCU.
- Student Commons: Offers events, leadership opportunities and more to bring students, faculty and staff together as a community.
Mental and physical health
- Counseling Services: Offers mental health counseling and screening, skills and support groups, advocacy services, well-being resources, identity-based resources, referral services and workshops.
- Student Health Services: Offers primary care services to VCU students, including laboratory services and an on-site pharmacy at the Monroe Park campus clinic.
- Recreation and Well-Being (RecWell): Offers wellness events and resources, gym access, fitness programs and training, and outdoor adventure resources.