Find and share information about housing, roommates, part-time and temporary local jobs in the Graduate School classifieds. This is a free resource for VCU graduate students and members of the community. To submit a classified ad, contact the Graduate School at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details of your request.
Please use caution and be aware of scammers when answering emails about rooms/apartments for rent. This is an open website that is accessible outside the VCU community.
Math Tutoring Services
Given my 35 years' experience teaching at college preparatory schools and university summer programs, I'm conversant in all fields of math curricula (i.e., Calculus, Statistics, Pre-Calculus, Trigonometry, Algebra, Geometry, Probability, Matrix Theory, Discrete Math, etc.). Additionally, I'm well-versed in any and all college board assessments you may be planning to take.
From the specific to the general, I will configure my tutoring lessons to answer to your individual needs.
Resume and recommendations are available upon request. Contact Jeff Gadette: email@example.com
Mother's Helper Needed
Looking for someone to give 12-16 hrs/wk to help Church Hill family with two working parents and two kids (1 and 4 years old). Schedule likely would be 3 to 7 p.m. Tues-Fri. and responsibilities would include: light housework (straightening, loading/unloading dishwasher, sorting laundry, etc.), meal prep, and helping out with bath/bedtime. Ideal candidate loves kids, craves organization, and has a friendly, can-do attitude. $15-20/hr based on experience. If you're interested, contact Katherine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part-time Childcare Provider Needed
VCU staff member is looking for childcare for their one month old son a few hours a week on Mondays or Tuesdays and for some date nights as he gets a little older. The pay would be $10-$12 per hour based on experience and the family is looking for someone who has experience with newborns, references available and is reliable. Contact Lindsey Rumancik (email@example.com) with an introduction that discusses your childcare experiences and tells us a little bit about yourself. This is the perfect position for a graduate student looking for some flexible hours.
RICHMOND TRANSLATOR SEEKING INTERPRETERS AND TRANSLATORS
Richmond Translator (richmondtranslator.com) is growing and recruiting contractual interpreters and translators for assignments in the Richmond metropolitan area. All languages desired. Experience not required but advanced language skills are a must—training will be provided. This is a perfect supplemental job, as you will be considered for assignments only on the days and at the times of your availability.
Interested individuals should send a resume and outline your related experience via email to Tricia at firstname.lastname@example.org. All work will be on an on-call basis as needed. Excellent pay. For questions please call (804) 218-3084.
Spanish, Korean, Vietnamese, Chinese/Mandarin, Tagalog, Somali, French, Arabic, German, Hindi, Persian/Farsi/Dari and others.
ARE YOU A MATH PERSON?
Huntington Learning Center in Glen Allen, Va., is looking for qualified individuals to teach exam prep and subject tutoring, specifically in math areas. The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Must have a four-year degree
- Be available to work afternoons and evenings between 4-8:30 p.m., and/or Saturdays between 9 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Be punctual and dedicated to our students
- Be comfortable with advanced math skills
The benefits of being a part-time Huntington teacher include:
- Training: we offer continual training that even experienced teachers appreciate. Huntington skills and techniques can be transferred to your classroom as well as to home for use with your own children. Become a more effective teacher as you enhance your present skills and develop new ones.
- Students: work with a variety of students at all grade levels on an individual or one-to-one basis. As you track students' daily progress, you will see marked improvement in their skills, confidence and motivation. There are no discipline problems, so you concentrate on the academics. Since full-time staff conduct all parent discussions, you have no interaction with parents.
- No outside work: with no homework to correct or lesson plans to develop, you just walk into the center and begin teaching. Everything is ready for you.
- Year-round flexible hours: our after-school and summer hours adapt to your changing schedule. Since no preparation is needed beforehand, it's an ideal after-school job that's even better than tutoring on your own.
- Great experience: whether this is your first job, or you're returning to work after an extended absence, teaching at Huntington is an excellent way to ease into the teaching profession and develop a reference that future employers respect. This opportunity offers experiences that are not available in the classroom.
Pay for this job will be $13/hour. If you think Huntington Learning Center is the place for you, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or call (804) 270-0030.
POSTGRADUATE TEST PREPARATION (GMAT AND GRE) TUTORS NEEDED
Parliament Tutors offers private tutoring and test preparation for all academic subjects and standardized tests. We are currently seeking experienced tutors with superior test scores to join our team on a part-time basis.
Sessions typically occur in student’s homes. Rates for test prep tutors start at $30.00 per hour. All candidates will be required to have a face-to-face interview and background check. Interviews take place at our local consultation center (address below) or via web conferencing on Skype. Please apply online by following the link below. No phone calls please.
1526 Split Oak Lane, Henrico, VA 23229
House for rent
Link: https://hotpads.com/1306-dance-st-richmond-va-23220-1jngyzp/pad Message me. 2bed for rent!
Newer Townhome in Oregon Hill on the Terrace (VCU/Belle Isle Area)
713 Holly St - Newer Townhome with two and half bathrooms in Oregon Hill, walking distance to VCU adjacent to Belle Isle. Convenient to MCV, financial district and variety of restaurants. Ideal location overlooking James River with biking/walking trails. Enjoy open plan, granite counters and hardwood floors with energy efficient appliances HVAC & equipment. Front porch and rear views of the terrace. Non-smoking only. Available for viewings NOW! $100 lease processing. Please contact Kenecko Robinson at 804-935-8523.
3 bd 1bth Duplex - VCU2 S Harrison St Unit A - Located directly across the street from VCU and is walking distance to downtown and restaurants. This is a duplex with separate apartments and each apartment has its own entrance. Parking spaces available for rent. $100 lease processing fee. Please contact Kenecko Robinson at 804-935-8523.
Graduate student looking for one additional roommate to fill a 3 bed/2 bath house in The Fan, on the corner of Hanover and Allen. This is walking distance to VCU's Monroe Park campus and a short commute to the medical campus. Rent is $700/month plus 1/3 of utilities. Utilities include gas, water, electric, and Internet. Each of the bedrooms is spacious and private, and the house has both a front porch and fenced in back patio. Washer and dryer are included in unit. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or questions.
Room for Rent - Westover Hills
Text or call 831-915-0296. Westover Hills
This page contains links to external (non-VCU) websites. VCU is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such websites.